9 Best Kenya and Tanzania Safaris To Book In 2023
Kenya and Tanzania Safaris are one of the most sorted after East Africa Safaris. It’s always recommended to plan this kind of safari early in advance in order to ensure everything is planned to expectations like every activity, accommodation, transfer, and meal is planned as required.
Kenya and Tanzania are known to have the best safari wildlife parks in Africa, where you can witness big fives, special five, and the spectacle of the wildebeest migration in Africa. They have one of the biggest or largest national parks and reserves in Africa. A good example is the Serengeti National Park which is 14,000+ KM2.
Planning a holiday to Kenya and Tanzania?
GET AMAZING SAFARI HOLIDAYS TODAY
What Factors to consider while planning the best Kenya and Tanzania Safaris
Tips to Making The Best African Safari Combination
Long haul East Africa safaris are not any less of safari, they require detailed attention to make sure that you are ready for it. There is so much that comes into play in planning the best Kenya and Tanzania Safari. We have highlighted some of the things you need to consider and plan for:-
- The number of Safari Days :- We recommend 12 days and above for a Kenya and Tanzania Safari Holiday. This is because the safaris involve more transfers and sightings too. Kenya and Tanzania are known to be the leading safari destinations in Africa. With huge tracks of protected wildlife parks, you will do intensive game drives, and also transfers from one park to the other might be long, a good example is a transfer from Serengeti North, where the wildebeest migration takes place to Arusha, maybe for your homebound flight or a beach holiday in Zanzibar. This transfer takes 2 days by road and at most 2 hours by flight.
- Number of Guests in a Safari:- This is one of the factors that affect the safari cost mostly, in terms of transfers, accommodation, and special requests. In order to plan a great Kenya and Tanzania Tour and Safari, you need to start planning early if you know you will be more than two guests. We aren’t saying that you can book for two guests last minute, but it’s easier to plan for two guests than plan for more than 2 or 3. A Kenya and Tanzania Safari involves so many camps and we have confirmed availability to each, hence why we recommend early planning to get availability to these camps. This applies mostly to groups and large families looking for an East African Safari.
- Budget of Safari:- As you start planning your safari early, it gives you time to play around with your safari budget, unlike planning it last minute, which can be very expensive. So how much does a Kenya and Tanzania Safari cost? As you plan, you should know how much a safari costs so as to see what to remove or even add. A Kenya and Tanzania Tour can be expensive due to the inclusion of things like flights and exclusive camps that are close to crossing points if you are planning for a wildebeest migration safari. If you plan your safari early you will have time to know the cost and make decisions about the budget you will spend on the safari.
- Book with a Ground Safari Operator:- Did you know it’s safer, easier, and cheaper to book with a local safari company? Well it’s true, local safari operators understand your needs well since they are on the ground, they can recommend the best safari camps, wildlife parks, and destinations to visit, what kind of transfers you will need, and much more. A local safari company won’t charge you that expensive compared to an agent in your country, hence the best option to book your safari is through a local company in Kenya or Tanzania.
So, which are the best Kenya and Tanzania Safaris to book in 2023?
Now we have known the factors to consider while planning a Kenya and Tanzania Safari. Now, which is the best safari to book for this kind of adventure in East Africa? Please note, all these safaris we list below are suitable for families with small kids, photographers, solo travelers, and honeymooners.
We will list some safaris that are less than 12 days since they are more into wildebeest sightings visiting Serengeti and Masai Mara only, but some go beyond to visiting the Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, Amboseli, Samburu, Lake Nakuru, and maybe Tarangire National Parks.
- 12 Days Kenya Tanzania Tour:- One of the most boost safaris for Kenya and Tanzania. Our 12 Days safari is more comfortable and visits some of the most premium safari parks and reserves in Kenya and Tanzania.
- 10 Days Luxury Kenya Tanzania Combined Safari:- It’s also a popular safari for this combined adventure, and takes you to Masai Mara, Amboseli Ngorongoro, and Serengeti. This can be tailored perfectly considering your preferences. You can find more of our 10 days combined safari.
- 8 Days Kenya Tanzania Safari :- Our special 8 days safari combines only the Masai Mara and Serengeti for the wildebeest migration. Specifically designed for the crossings, but can as well be customized to fit your safari desires in Kenya and Tanzania.
- 10 Days Wildebeest Migration Safari :- This is also a more detailed safari for the wildebeest migration. Sightings are the best crossings in Serengeti and Masai Mara. This 10 days safari is suitable for photographers and wildebeest crossings enthusiasts.
- 17 Days Kenya Tanzania and Diani Safari:- A long haul safari suitable for family holidays in East Africa, this 17 days safari takes you to the most prime safari destinations and Kenyan beaches for relaxation. Hence why we recommend it as the best Kenya Tanzania Family Safari to book.
- 15 days Kenya and Tanzania Safari Tours :- Another long-haul safari in Kenya and Tanzania that is popular with our guests is the 15 days safari. It’s also suitable for families as this safari ends in Zanzibar. After a long time in the bush with the kids, best relax at the beach. We also recommend it to couples and honeymooners.
- 11 Days Kenya And Tanzania Combined Wildebeest Migration Safaris :- A more comfortable Kenya and Tanzania Safari compare to our 10 days and 12 days safaris. Specifically designed for the wildebeest migration, this 11 Days safari cuts through the two popular wildebeest destinations, Serengeti and Masai mara.
- 11 Days 10 Nights Kenya Tanzania Adventures:- Best suited for couples and families, this 11 days safari traverses through Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Masai mara, and Amboseli. It is an adventure of a lifetime to book in both Kenya and Tanzania.
10 Days 9 Nights: Kenya Tanzania Classic Tours:- This is a classic safari holiday in Kenya and Tanzania, offering the most adventure in between the Serengeti and Masai Mara. Adding more destinations such as Ngorongoro and Amboseli N. Park. Suitable for solo travelers and couples.
Best time to Visit Kenya and Tanzania for Safaris
The best time to visit Kenya and Tanzania on safari is generally from mid-June through to late October, the peak being around August and September. This four-to-five month window, between East Africa’s two rainy seasons, is when both the weather is at its best and game viewing is at its most thrilling and exciting.
The best time for viewing wildlife you’d most like to see in Tanzania and Kenya is greatly affected by the optimal time of year to visit Eastern Africa. Both Kenya and Tanzania are home to an abundance of national parks and reserves – many of which offer world-renowned wildlife encounters throughout the year.
The rains come March-early May, but there’s still wildlife around, particularly in the Ngorongoro, where the crater keeps animals in one place! You might bag a bargain now, too. Kenya experiences these long rains making it easy to spot the beauty of the green savannah grasslands.
Unlike in Kenya, the Great Wildebeest Migration can be seen most of the year somewhere in Tanzania, but to catch it at its most dramatic, the best time to go is late June-Sept when animals cross the Mara River in the Serengeti North region.
The short rains Nov-Dec don’t cause much disruption, and you can enjoy an amazing safari holiday both in Kenya and Tanzania, while Jan and Feb are green, and more than 8000 wildebeest babies are born in Ndutu Conservation Area. Feb is hottest, at max 28°C, July is coolest, around 15°C.
Planning a holiday to Kenya and Tanzania?
GET AMAZING SAFARI HOLIDAYS TODAY
Wildebeest Migration in Kenya and Tanzania – The best time to See
Before we go deep into this, we have done an amazing wildebeest migration article with tips and guides to help you plan an amazing safari to Kenya and Tanzania. You are now planning a wildebeest migration safari in Kenya and Tanzania and you don’t know where to start?
Well, we have some very useful tips that will help you plan one of the best wildebeest migration safaris in East Africa.
First, the wildebeest migration is a yearly event that starts from Jan to Jan moving from Serengeti South Tanzania to Masai Mara Kenya. More than 1.5 million wildebeests and zebras migrate in search of greener pastures and water.
To answer this question of the best time to see the wildebeest migration, it depends on what exactly you want to see. There is the wildebeest calving in Ndutu Conservation Area and Wildebeest crossings North of Serengeti and Masai Mara in Kenya.
In case you would want to spot the wildebeest calving, we recommend you to visit either south of Serengeti or the Ndutu Conservation Area. You will need to plan this early to make accommodation bookings to the best lodges and camps. Witness more than 8000 calves born daily here.
You can as well follow the migration from Ndutu to Central Serengeti and see them move in huge herds heading north of Serengeti. In case you want to see the 7th wonder spectacle, the wildebeest crossings, you will need to visit between June and October to spot them jump and cross the infested mara rivers.
Most crossing sightings have been spotted between the end of July to Mid Sept of every year. We recommend you visit both Serengeti and Masai mara to you to visit in early Sept as the parks are fewer guests and the crossings still happen.
Looking For A Kenya and Tanzania Safari Holiday? Get In Touch With Us Now To Start Planning.
Cheetah Safaris has fantastic, experienced safari experts available and prepared to assist you in creating a once-in-a-lifetime beach holiday experience. Fill in Our Contact Form with the details you want or send us a WhatsApp text to reach us at +254780337652.