Serengeti National Park is one of the leading safari parks in Africa, with a size of approx 15,000 KM2. Serengeti is divided into 5 sections that offer an authentic wide range of game and wildlife sightings. The Serengeti comprises Serengeti North, Serengeti East, Serengeti West (Grumeti Region) Serengeti South, and Serengeti Central (Seronera).
Serengeti is home to Millions of Wildebeests, that migrate yearly from Serengeti South to Serengeti North and further to Masai Mara in Kenya. Going through the plains of the greater Serengeti, the Wildebeest move from region to region following green grounds for food.
Read more about the Wildebeest Migration in Kenya and Tanzania
Best Mobile Safari Camps in Serengeti For Wildebeest Migration
Due to the Wildebeest Movement, Safari camps offer the migration experiences by following the herds. Below we have listed some of the best safari camps that do follow the herds as they migrate.
- Olakira Migration Camp – Asilia:- A luxury camp run by Asilia, which offers high-end exclusive Wildebeest Migration Safari experiences in Serengeti National Park. With 9 or so modern safari tents migrate up and down the Serengeti, following in the footsteps of the Great Wildebeest Migration, but it’s the site in the northern Serengeti, literally moments away from the Mara River that gets our thumbs up, where you can watch the beasties rumble across the river straight from the breakfast table.
- Serengeti Acacia Migration Camp:- A Mid-range Safari camp, that offers small but incredible wildebeest sightings as you enjoy its views and classic setup. Mostly following the migration, that are mostly around Serengeti North and South. They are closed during the April to June Season.
- Nasikia Migration Camp:- Nasikia Mobile Camp follows the Great Wildebeest migration, as well as other wildlife from the Ngorongoro Conservation Area to the Serengeti National Park. By being mobile, the camps are able to offer the best wildlife viewing. There are 10-12 tents that are 12m by 4m, each with a cooling feature of shade-clothing over the tent.
- Alex Serian Camp:- Serian’s Serengeti is a mobile camp, and our movement is governed by the wildebeest migration. From mid-June to mid-November, along with 1.6 million gnus – are situated in the far north of the Serengeti plains. The beauty of Northern Serengeti is it is the heart of the crossings, and in this respect, we are all about location. Serian’s Serengeti camp is set a mere 2 kilometers from the Mara River, within minutes of the major crossing points.
- Serengeti Migration Camp:- Hidden among the rocky outcrops Serengeti Migration Camp is located at the starting point of the Migration. Comprising of 20 luxurious elevated tents, each with spacious and richly furnished bedrooms, Serengeti Migration Camp blends seamlessly into the environment.
There are many other incredible camps that do offer spectacular experiences of the wildebeest migration, crossings, and calving. With them as well, you can experience these sightings with the ease and comfort of your tent. There are as well lodges that are similarly strategically located to provide guests with such beauty.
Wildebeest Migration Safaris in Tanzania To Book for 2021 / 2022
Below are some of our best Wildebeest Migration Safaris you can book and experience an endless immersion of wilderness as you enjoy the crossings and wildlife sightings.
- 8 Days Exclusive Wildebeest Safari:- an exclusive 8 days private safari exploring the wildebeest migration. Mostly settling at the northern Serengeti, it offers you the incredible wildebeest crossings.
- 12 Days Wildebeest Calving Safari:- Specifically designed to offer you an 8 nights calving season safari, and extra 3 nights in the pure wilderness Ruaha National Park. Offers a better feel and touch experience to the Southern Serengeti.
- 7 Days Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Tarangire Safari:- Gives our guests to experience the wildebeest migration and sight wildlife in the greater Ngorongoro crater, spicing the safari with a visit to Tarangire National Park.
We hope this will help our guests with a great idea of what to look at when planning a safari to Serengeti National Park Tanzania. With our exemplary trained and professional safari guides, you are guaranteed an amazing safari full of fun, learning points, and the creation of memories.
Planning a Wildebeest Migration Safaris to Serengeti?
We have great and professional safari guides available and ready to help you design and curate a one in a lifetime safari experience. Fill in Our Contact Form with the details you Would want or Send us a Whatsapp text to reach us +254780337652