Dreaming of going on holiday this Christmas? Do you want to experience unwrapping your presents in beautiful hot African sun, rather than inside avoiding the cold and wet English weather?
Cheetah Revolution, beautiful African destinations are perfect for incredible Christmas Safaris. With tours running in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, these East African gems are ideal choices for a Christmas holiday, as their summer months are between November and February.
Each of these places is bound to provide you with the perfect setting to your Christmas. So, we’ve put together a simple guide to our top destinations, so you can choose which country is the right one for your holiday.
Despite the fact it’s low season in Kenya, it’s still one of the most sought after December destinations. The short rainy season does start in November, but it tends to limit itself to intense but brief showers, so your Safari will hardly be interrupted. The rain also creates beautiful, lush green landscapes for you to enjoy.
Christmas in Kenya is known as Krismasi, and is a huge family affair. Expect to witness colourful decorations, Cyprus trees decorated with lights in people’s homes, midnight Church services and carol singing. Instead of a turkey roast dinner though you’re more likely to be eating barbecued meat (likely goat or beef) and rice.
Our Top Christmas Safari Choices in Kenya;
- 1. 3 Nights, 4 Days Flying Safari. Masai Mara Governors Camp – Luxury camping for families
- 2. 1 Day Trip To Tsavo East From Malindi / Watamu – The perfect, jam-packed, day trip
- 3. 12 Days Pumba Luxury Safari – An extensive and beautiful tour across Kenya
There’s plenty more safari packages in Kenya available for Xmas bookings.
December is always one of the hottest months in Tanzania. By mid December, the rainy season has come and gone, leaving behind gorgeous green landscapes and plenty of sunshine. The Great Migration reaches the southern part of the Serengeti by the end of the year too, which makes Tanzania the perfect place for animal and bird spotting while on Safari. If you’re lucky you may also witness predators hunting for food in the dramatic game drives.
Christmas in Tanzania is also a big family event. Celebrations start with Christmas mass, followed by a celebratory dinner of ugali. In the big cities, you’ll see the shopping centres decorated with beautiful lights, alongside the Catholic churches which fill themselves with wax candles.
Our Top Christmas Safari Choices in Tanzania;
- 1. 3 Days Serengeti Wildlife Budget Safaris – All the joy of a Safari, without the price tag
- 2. 2 Days 1 Night Overnight Safari To Ngorongoro And Lake Manyara Tanzania – Luxury camping for all groups
- 3. 5 Days 4 Nights Tsavo West & East Safari From Nairobi Or Mombasa – An extensive and beautiful journey across Kenya’s major parks, Tsavo East and Tsavo West.
Check out the complete range of safari holidays exploring Tanzania.
December Safaris in Uganda mean one thing, Gorilla tracking. The dry season brings more sunny days and less wet paths, making perfect conditions for encounters with wild Gorillas. Uganda is a tropical area, however, so you should still expect some rain each day – but, like in Kenya, these will be short and so have limited influence on your Safari.
Christmas in Uganda is a much quieter affair than the others. The capital, Kampala, has streets decorated with lights, but you’re unlikely to find the same elsewhere. Leading up to Christmas, families will celebrate by eating delicious meals that are different from their usual foods, and will also go to Church on Christmas Eve.
Our Top Christmas Safari Choices in Uganda;
- 1. 3 Days 2 Nights Bwindi Impenetrable Park Gorilla Trekking Safari – Track and closely observe endangered mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
- 2. 4 Days 3 Nights Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari In Uganda – Luxury camping combined with tracking endangered gorillas
Learn more about safari holidays in Uganda.
Plan Your Dream Festive Safari
If you need more information on planning your family’s ideal safari adventure this holiday season or want to learn about exploring the destination of your choice, then don’t hesitate to contact Cheetah Revolution Safaris.
Speak to us on to tell us exactly what you are looking for +254 780 337 652