Let’s start with this, You can visit Tanzania any time of the year for your safari holidays, and adventures. But this depends entirely on your holiday preferences such as budget, activities, kind of adventure eg, safari, climbing, cultural and much more.
Tanzania as a whole is a diverse nation, with unlimited options to choose from that you can engage in, make memories and create unending adventure.
We have listed below some of the most common holidays picks that we find our guests choosing while in Tanzania with their corresponding best time to visit for that activity.
Planning a holiday to Kenya and Tanzania?
GET AMAZING SAFARI HOLIDAYS TODAY
Safari Holiday Activities in Tanzania With Best time to visit and enjoy them
With the unrivaled experiences in Tanzania, just know that there is more you can do, engage and experience. You can combine these experiences and do them once, or you can plan and schedule them on different dates of the year for your convenience.
- Mt. Kilimanjaro Hiking and Summitting:- To summit the highest peak in Africa, Mt. Kilimanjaro, you will need a minimum of 7 days, for a comfortable hike. The best time to hike this mountain is any time of the year. But again, your budget and other preferences matter. If you are on a budget and just need to climb the mountain, you can visit between March and July. If you will combine it with a Safari, the best would be from Jan to March and July to October.
- Coffee Farm Tours in Karatu:- Are you a farm and coffee fanatic? A tour to Karatu coffee farms would do you justice. But when is the best time to visit? Between October and February every year, farmers in Karatu Tanzania prepare to harvest coffee. This would be the best time to visit and experience the harvesting process and make coffee from the farm.
- Wildebeest Migration and Crossings:- A phenomenal event that happens between the greatest ecosystems in Africa, the Serengeti National Park, and Masai Mara National Reserve. You can experience this world wonder throughout the year, but the most fascinating and most wanted sightings are during the months of Jan to march, during their calving season, and the months of June to October, during the river crossings in Northern Serengeti and in Masai Mara.
- Spend with the Hadzabe Tribe:- One of the indigenous communities and tribes in Tanzania, the Hadzabe. They practise the best traditional activities such as hunting and gathering. They are the only community in Tanzania allowed hunting certain types of wildlife species such as the hare. They are located around Lake Eyasi and you can visit them any time of the year.
- Zanzibar Beach Holidays:- A rewarding holiday after a long safari would be visiting Zanzibar Island. Iconic and known to be one of the best, Zanzibar offers a kind and unique experience. The best time to visit Zanzibar would be during the summer holidays, between August and November, January and May.
There are many other activities one can engage in such as city tours, cultural tours, visiting the Olduvai gorge, Game drives in the largest caldera in the world, the Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Lake Natron for the greater and lesser flamingo sightings.
Planning A Tanzania Safari? Get In Touch With Us Now To Start Planning.
We have great and professional safari experts available and ready to help you design and curate a one-in-a-lifetime safari experience. Fill in Our Contact Form with the details you Would want or Send us a Whatsapp text to reach us +254780337652.